San Jose California - Silicon Valley
To San Jose From...
Driving distance quotes are in miles and
are estimates. Your mileage may vary.
Below are some facts about the San Jose, California - Silicon Valley area as well as some valuable links about the area. Follow the links to
learn more about the San Jose, California - Silicon Valley area and to help plan your trip to San Jose, California - Silicon Valley!
Other San Jose, California - Silicon Valley Information Sites
San Jose, California - Silicon Valley Facts & Statistics
- The San Jose, California - Silicon Valley area enjoys a beautiful mild climate with over 300 sunny days per year and an average rainfall of just over 14 inches.
Jan: 58-40 Fahrenheit/14-4 Celsius; Feb: 62-43 F/17-6 C; Mar: 65-45 F/18-7 C; Apr: 70-47 F/21-8 C; May: 74-50 F/23-10 C; Jun: 79-54 F/26-12 C; Jul: 82-56 F/28-13 C; Aug: 82-56 F/28-13 C; Sep: 80-55 F/27-13 C; Oct: 74-51 F/23-11 C; Nov: 64-45 F/18-7 C; Dec: 57-40 F/14-4 C.
- The San Jose population is nearing one million, making it the third largest city in California behind Los Angeles and San Diego, and the 11th largest city in the United States.
- Area Geography
- The San Jose area is located in Santa Clara County, on the south side of the San Francisco Bay.
- County Government
- The government of San Jose consists of the Mayor, who is elected by the community at-large, as well as ten council members elected by districts. Each elected member can serve no more that two consecutive terms.
- Sales or Use Tax
- The sales tax rate in San Jose is 6%.
- Important Numbers
- Emergency Numbers: Dial 911 for police and medical emergencies. For police non-emergency dial 311. San Jose Fire (408) 277-4444. San Jose Convention and Visitors Bureau (888) SAN-JOSE.
- Telephone Codes
- The area code for San Jose is 408.
- Time Zone
- Pacific Time (PST), eight hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Daylight Saving Time is observed from the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October.
- Electrical Current
- Electrical devices here run on 110/115 volt, 60-cycle current. International visitors therefore may need to use adapters or converters.
- US Dollar ($). Numerous money exchanges are available. Most major airports, various banks and American Express offices are available to exchange foreign currency.
MetroGuide.com, Inc. |
Terms and Conditions
HotelGuide and HotelGuide San Jose, California - Silicon Valley
are service marks of MetroGuide.com, Inc. HotelGuide Network is a registered service mark of MetroGuide.com, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To contact us at MetroGuide: Click Here.